What is the best/fastest way I can get residence permit/extended stay/visa for Italy?

Drea's picture
By Drea - Posted on
30 January 2017

I am australian and my partner is italian citizen, I have done the tourist visa many times but am needing to find a more permanent answer. We have just purchased a house in milan in his name. What is the best/fastest/safest option for me to take residence. I was looking at starting studdies there, but don't know if it's better to take a work visa instead? I want in the end permanent residence/rights. I'm also entitled to a british passport but with brexit now I think it's not really helpful? I have contacted the embassy here in australia and they told me they can't help me until I lodge a visa... but I don't know what one is the right wat to go.... please any help wanting to get back to Italy as soon as possible to my little family. Appreciate any advice.

Anonymous's picture

We are looking for similar information, but coming from the USA. My wife and youngest son and I would like to obtain an Elective Residence visa. Does anyone have a recommendation for a visa expeditor to assist in the process?

Your rating: None

Read more posts about Italy

Login with your Facebook account (Recommended)