What are my partner's visa options for South Africa?

iram1604's picture
By iram1604 - Posted on
03 December 2014

Dear all, I am moving to the Western Cape (Worcester) to work as an A&E doctor for 1-5 years. I have been granted a critical skills work visa. My partner (of two years - not married) wishes to accompany me but i wondered with the new regulations what type of visa he needed to apply for? Is there anyone else who has been in a similar situation? I am struggling to find a consistent answer! I don't yet have permanent residency as i don't know how long i plan to stay there. I have looked at lots of websites including Department of home affairs and i am wondering if a temporary resident visa is the answer? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance Iram

Xavier's picture
Last seen: 4 years 25 weeks ago
Joined: 01/08/2013

Living in:
Cape Town


Xavier's Website
Hi there

Recent changes to the South African visa system have made it more difficult to navigate, and have caused a lot of problems for a lot of people.

Your best option would be to consult an immigration consultant and discuss your options.

Have a look at our Visas for South Africa page which was written by an immigration professional to get a clear, concise idea of the changes to the South African visa system.

Hope this works out for you.

Best of luck!

Your rating: None

Read more posts about South Africa

Login with your Facebook account (Recommended)