Visa advice for UK?

si196426's picture
By si196426 - Posted on
17 November 2016

Hi Guys
I'm in need of a bit of advise, my Fiance is Malaysian and she is looking to move across next year for a few years while we build a house in her home town. We are looking to marry next year but also she needs to work for personal re-seasons. I am self employed and have a resonable income with my own house. What type of visa should she apply for.
Many Thanks

Meagan's picture
Last seen: 1 year 22 weeks ago
Joined: 07/07/2016

Living in:
Cape Town, South Africa

Cape Town, South Africa

Hey Simon,

You'll need to apply for a spouse visa (click the hyperlink for more info on the official UK visa website). There are certain requirements - since you're engaged, she'll be eligible, but you'll have to prove a few other things, like that your relationship is genuine and that you have enough funds to support her financially. In this case, her earning potential isn't taken into consideration. The amount the British spouse needs to earn is 18,600 GBP a year, I believe.

Because this is an expensive and lengthy process I recommend hiring an immigration lawyer to ensure your application is done correctly.

Best of luck.


Your rating: None Average: 5 (2 votes)
Anonymous's picture

Thank you

Your rating: None
martinluth123's picture
Last seen: 2 years 35 weeks ago
Joined: 21/11/2016

spouse visa is the solution

Your rating: None

Read more posts about The United Kingdom

Login with your Facebook account (Recommended)