Moving to London to join husband, what's the right visa for me?

nicholesuzette's picture
By nicholesuzette - Posted on
13 December 2017

Hi, I plan to marry my boyfriend, a citizen, born and raised in London and living there. We plan to marry in the States, then I will move to the London about 6 months later. I am having a hard time figuring out what and how to get citizenship, or at the very least be able to work when I move there.
I find the website very vague and difficult to navigate especially with my specific situation.

Any input would be appreciated.


EmmaL's picture
Last seen: 1 year 50 weeks ago
Joined: 01/08/2017

Hi nicholesuzette

Congratulations on your engagement! Getting citizenship in the UK is notoriously tricky, even if you're getting married to a British citizen. Have you read our guide to visas for the UK

You'll most likely need a family visa. Have a look at the UK government site on family visas for the requirements and how to apply. Are you a US citizen?

Hope this helps!
Your rating: None

Read more posts about The United Kingdom

Login with your Facebook account (Recommended)