If I have PR in Belgium - Can I move to the Czech Republic?

santu1021's picture
By santu1021 - Posted on
23 May 2016

Dear, I am from Indian Nationality , currently living with family and working in Belgium since 2009. Me and my wife we both are holding Belgium Permanent Residence. If I want work in Czech Republic, Do I need work permit? or Can I work without work-permit, using Belgium residence card ? How does Belgium Permanent residence will help in Czech Republic ? Thank You, Santhosh

Shantalie's picture
Last seen: 1 year 12 weeks ago
Joined: 01/08/2012

Living in:
Cape Town, South Africa

London, England

Hi Santosh,

Start by reading the visas for the Czech Republic page. 

It provides an overview about all the types of visa available.

Your rating: None
santu1021's picture
Last seen: 3 years 34 weeks ago
Joined: 23/05/2016

Thank You. I have checked it but they don't speak of anything related to Belgium PR. This PR is not useful in Czech ? Should apply for work-permit like non-EU? Thank you.

Your rating: None
Anonymous's picture

I lived in CZ for two years, now am in Belgium. I believe you can work freely, having a PR of Belgium, in any EU country. No need for complicated paper work. I think you can just find a place, move in and then register that you are there. No need for visas or residence permits. Just keep in mind that CZ is approximately 50 years behind Be!gium, in many ways, and more xenophobic as well. Therefore, know that you might experience that administrative staff in foreign police does not speak any foreign language, or that they get irritated if you speak English to them. Also, people mostly do not speak English, sometimes not even Uni profesors!! Czechs are naturally grumpy and communism brought xenophobic behaviour. However, this might be just my personal experience. Just bring a lot of patience with you for a start. Good luck!

Your rating: None Average: 1 (1 vote)

Read more posts about Belgium

Login with your Facebook account (Recommended)